- Open the Google Drive menu on your computer.
- Select “Quit.”
- Open the Terminal application.
- Copy and paste the following command into Terminal: /Applications/Google Drive.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Drive –v
- Press Enter.
- Google Drive for your Mac will automatically open in Diagnostic Mode.
- Click Send report to Google.
- When the report is sent, you’ll receive a Report ID. Write the Report ID down and share it with your support representative.
If steps 6 and 7 fail, you’ll see an error message saying the the sync log couldn’t be sent to Google. To manually send the report to Google:
- Click the OK button.
- The folder on your computer that contains the sync log file will open.
- Attach the report to your email reply to the Google Drive support representative.